|Analysis Bioinformatics at its fundamental level is concerned with science mathematics, computer science and statistical research into new algorithms to provide novel insights into biological problems.
Bioinformatics engineering - The next level is concerned with developing software, databases and user-interface systems to make these tools of more practical value.
Access In this role Entigen acts as a service provider, making a range of tools and databases accessible and efficient for users; packaging, integrating and increasing the usability of the tools
Biology at its highest level bioinformatics is concerned with biology. From the perspective of a biologist, bioinformatics is an application-driven field where solutions are sought from computing operating systems.
BioNavigator makes it easy for you to participate in this data revolution:
UPLOAD YOUR DATA
- Data can be uploaded from your existing files
- Uploaded data can then be used as input to analyses
- The easy-to-use upload function is in File Manager
EXPERT OR NOT YOU CAN USE BIONAVIGATOR
- Made for bioscientists by bioscientists
- Easy-to-use graphical interface
- No need to use "command line" programming
- Protocols are a step-by-step guide to common analyses
- Tutorials help you get started in BioNavigator
- How-to-Use BioNavigator protocol provides an in-depth introduction (registration required)
- Teachers Kit contains helpful teaching materials for students and staff
PERFORM COMPLEX ANALYSES
- BioNavigator is designed so that even beginners can carry out complex analyses
- "Ready-prepared" protocols and macros provide a step-by-step guide
- Enter data and select "Choose Appropriate programs" BioNavigator does the work for you
HANDLE SETS OF DATA
- Do you have multiple sequences to analyze?
- Combine them into one set and perform your analysis on the entire set
- Its quick, convenient and efficient
RECORD YOUR ANALYSIS STEPS
- As you perform an analysis, the steps are automatically recorded.
- Review these in "History View" and convert them to your own macro
- At any time in the future re-run them with the same or different data reproducible every time
COLLABORATE WITH COLLEAGUES
- With BioNavigator you can share analyses and results with colleagues anywhere
- Share function in "File Manager" lets you choose which files to share
- Collaborate on research, or keep your supervisor informed simply and quickly
[Back to top]